What we have here are unusual and rare original single London transport routemaster bus panel / slips that would have been pasted onto a timber board and displayed in the front of the bus window to the left side of the driver on Routemaster's London buses.
These were used to show potential passengers that the bus was also earmarked for a specific destination, event or location.
They date from the 1970's.
This particular bus slip for Hampton Court Palace is housed in a non backlit hand painted ( Resene Eighth Tea ) solid timber frame.
SOME INFO :
The original Tudor Hampton Court Palace was begun by Cardinal Wolsey in the early 16th century, but it soon attracted the attention of Henry VIII, who brought all his six wives here. Surrounded by gorgeous gardens and famous features such as the Maze and the Great Vine, the palace has been the setting for many nationally important events.
When William III and Mary II (1689-1702) took the throne in 1689, they commissioned Sir Christopher Wren to build an elegant new baroque palace. Later, Georgian kings and princes occupied the splendid interiors. When the royals left in 1737, impoverished 'grace and favour' aristocrats moved in.
Queen Victoria opened the palace to the public in 1838. It has remained a magnet for millions of visitors, drawn to the grandeur, the ghosts and the fabulous art collection.
We can supply these Routemaster slips unframed, framed or framed and backlit.
Please choose your option from the available menu. These do look fantastic framed and backlit and offer a lovely subtle mood lighting for any space. All frames are made in house by a qualified carpenter & Joiner and are made from solid timber with plexiglass to the front.
Available Paper Slips with Yellow Background and Black Johnston Font :
1. To and from Wellington Museum
2. To and from White cty
3. To and from Richmond Park
4. To and from Finchley Swimming pool
5. To and from The National Theatre
6. To and from National Portrait Gallery
7. To and from Royal Albert Hall
8. To and from Lewisham Concert Hall, Catford
9. To and from Baker Street for Madame Tussaud's and the Planetarium
10. To and from National Maritime Museum Greenwich
11. To and from Greenwich Park
12. To and from the Horse Guards
13. To and from Westminster Abbey
14. To & from The Circus Finsbury Park
15. To and from Kensington High Street
16. To and from Southwark Catherdraland Monument
17. To and from Sadler's Wells Theatre
18. To and from Farnborough Hospital
19. To and from Grosvenor House for the Antiques Fair
20. To and from The National Gallery
21. To and from Kensington Town Hall for Kensington Antiques Fair
22. Near Manchester Square for the Wallace Collection
23. To and from The Circus Clapham Common
24. To and from Hampton Court Palace.
25. To and from Orient football Ground ( NOW SOLD )
26. To and from Cutty Sark & Gipsy Moth IV Greenwich Pier
27. To and from Larkswood Swimming Pool
28. To and from Kew Gardens
29. To and From Chelsea Old Town Hall for the Chelsea Antiques Fair
30. To and from The Tate Gallery
31. To and from St. Paul's
32. To and from Bond Street
33. To and from Leyton County Cricket
34. To & from Whipps Cross Lido
35. To and from Easter Parade Battersea Park-Sunday afternoon at 1500
36. Near Tate Gallery Alight at Millbank
37. To and from Harringay Stadium
38. To and from The Antique Dealers Fair
39. To and from Regent Street
40. To and from Camden Festival
UNFRAMED SIZE : 635mm x 190mm
FRAMED SIZE: 693mm x 295mm x 70mm
CONDITION : Unused and overall excellent for age.
London Routemaster Special Destination Slips / Panels
Please note that the price shown excludes postage and NZ GST tax calculated at 15% of the total. These are shown during the checkout process. Thank you.